Here are some key benefits of taking organic millet (sweet, non-sticky grain):
- Millet is considered a wholegrain and is rich in nutrients such as protein, B-Vitamins (B3,B6), and minerals such as magnesium, copper, phosphorus, and manganese.
- Alkaline, gluten free, and easily digested.
- Its high protein content is a good addition to a vegetarian diet.
- Millet is high in fibre and low simple sugars.
- Magnesium in millet can help reduce migraines and heart attacks.
- Rich in nutrients such as protein, B-Vitamins (B3,B6), and minerals such as magnesium, copper, phosphorus, and manganese.
- Having a lower glyceamic index (G.I.) also indicates that millet is suitable for those with diabetes.
- Studies have shown that the regular consumption of millet may be useful in preventing cardiovascular disease. Niacin (Vitamin B3) present in millet can help lower cholesterol.
- High in fibre, vitamin E, vitamin B complex, gluten free.
Can be served as a
- breakfast porridge topped with nuts and fruits,
- grounded and added to bread and muffin recipes,
- toss cooked,
- chilled with chopped vegetables, chicken or tofu cubes.
Organic millet is an alternative to rice or potatoes. It is a good and nutritious whole grain for women, especially to those who just gave birth.
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Ukraine
CERTIFIED ORGANIC BY: Use of certified organic ingredients
Serving size: 1/2 cup / 100g
Amount per serving (% daily values)
Calories: 140 kcal
Saturated fat: 0.5g (3%)
Total carbohydrates: 27g (9%)
Dietary fiber: 4g (16%)
Vitamin A: 6%
Vitamin C: 0%