- Organic lake wild rice is much richer in antioxidants (such as anthocyanin and Vitamin E) as compared to white rice.
- Wild rice is a good source of essential minerals such as phosphorus, manganese, zinc and folate, which give you energy and nurture your bones.
- Contains vitamins A, B and E which are essential for overall health and immunity.
- Gluten free, thus suitable for anyone with hypersensitivity to gluten.
- A serving of organic lake wild rice is lower in calories than other rice varieties, so you can enjoy it without worrying about weight gain.
- High in fibre for good digestive health.
- High in protein, second only to oats.
- Rich source of antioxidants, 30 times greater than white rice, as discovered by researchers in University of Manitoba in 2009.
Can be mixed with rice or other whole grains while cooking. The cooking time is approximately 35 – 45 minutes. Lake wild rice expands up to 4 times when cooked. Prepare 1 part lake wild rice to 2 – 2 1/4 part water.
- Bring the water to a hard boil
- Add some salt or aromatics to taste
- Then simmer for an hour or more with gentle boiling, until all liquid is absorbed
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Canada
CERTIFIED ORGANIC BY: N/A
Serving size 1/2 cup / 100g
Serving size per container: 33
Amount per serving (% Daily value)
Saturated fat: 0.5g (3%)
Total carbohydrate: 27g (9%)
Dietary fiber: 4g (16%)
Vitamin A: 6%
Vitamin C: 0%